INTRO ABOUT QEC
QEC - Queensland Electrical Contractors (QEC) is an electrical contractor business, providing electrical services to both residential and commercial properties across the Gold Coast & Brisbane regions. QEC employ fully licensed master electricians to attend to all of your electrical needs both in terms of residential and domestic electrical maintenance and commercial electrical maintenance. Our director, Lee Fraser has been trading as a certified electrical services provider for in excess of 20 years. On a domestic level, QEC offers various services ranging from full residential electrical wiring to general home electrical repairs. QEC are able to attend to all of your household electrical needs and are experts in electrical fault finding. QEC also provide a variety of commercial electric services utilizing the skills of the best quality commercial electricians in the area in order to provide a professional and efficient service. QEC have extensive experience in commercial electrical construction and redevelopment sites as well as servicing existing business premises located in a variety of areas. We look forward to receiving your call and providing you with the most efficient and highest quality electrical service in and around the Gold Coast and Brisbane regions.
QEC Smoke Alarm Services
Fire Safety is of utmost importance to ensure that you, your family and your property are kept safe. Smoke alarms significantly reduce the risk of property fires which can result in extreme damage, loss of property and even in the worst cases death.
QEC are experienced in the installation, testing, and upgrading of smoke alarms. In order to ensure that you are adequately protected, call on QEC to ensure that your smoke alarm is working correctly has been installed correctly and complies with the required standard.
New QLD Smoke Alarm Legalisation
As a result of new legislation passed in August 2016, new laws will take effect as of 1 January 2017 placing various requirements on the installation, products and use of smoke alarms in the following properties:
• Existing residential dwellings (i.e. houses, townhouses (Class 1A) and units (Class 2); and
• Dwellings being sold, leased or subject to a lease renewal; and
• New dwellings and those dwellings being substantially renovated. As you can see, the news laws cover a significant amount of property types and it is highly likely that this will affect a significant amount of people, including you.
Don't leave your smoke alarm compliance up to chance; let us use our expert knowledge to assist you in your obligations.
QEC - Queensland Electrical Contractors (QEC) is an electrical contractor business, providing electrical services to both residential and commercial properties across the Gold Coast & Brisbane regions.
- . Every bedroom of a home.
- . In all hallways that connect bedrooms to the rest of the house; and
- . Between bedrooms if no there is no hallway and other parts of the story; and
- . On each level of the house in the most likely path of travel to exit; and
- . if there are no bedrooms on a story at least one smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely path of travel to exit the dwelling; and
- . Powered by either 240 volt or 10 year non removable lithium battery
- . be interconnected with every other smoke alarm in the dwelling
- . be photoelectric rather than ionization
- . not also contain an ionization sensor;
- . be less than 10 years old; and
- . operate when tested.
- Given our compliance fees are a tax deductible service, what’s stopping you calling us straight away?
- That’s why QEC offer a cost effective answer and are able to provide a smoke alarm compliance service, which ensures that your obligations under complicated laws are met and you can concentrate on the various other expectations required of a landlord.
- As landlords are able to claim compliance fees on their tax return, what’s stopping you calling us straight away?
QEC Queensland Electrical Contractor Smoke Alarm Packages
QEC Annual After Care Package
Once QEC has replaced or installed the correct alarms on your property, we offer an annual service to those valuable customers for the small annual price of $99* where we will provide the following:
• Ensure compliance with new Legislative changes passed in August 2016 which will take effect as of 1 January 2017;
• Unlimited compliance inspections to the property when faults occur and to ensure the smoke alarms remain compliant;
• Service, clean and test the smoke alarms and change 9-volt batteries were required once a year;
• Provide a smoke alarm property report for your records; and
• Replace or install smoke alarms required under legislation for the particular property.
QEC Installation Service
QEC offer comprehensive services where we are able visit your property and carry out the following where required:
• Assess existing smoke alarms on the property;
• Install and test new alarms where required;
• Replace or install the correct smoke alarms required for the type of property;
• Ensure all smoke alarms meet AS3786; and
• Ensure all smoke alarms on the property are fully compliant with the latest regulations and legislation.
* *Note – the type and fitting of smoke alarms will vary dependant on the type of property and each new smoke alarm required to be installed on the property will cost $199 per alarm which is far cheaper than some of our main competitors. All savings we make are passed onto our valued customers. Remember our service fees are often tax deductible!
*Please note the above services and packages are available only in Queensland.